Solitaire Red Rose-Bridal Shower Mini Cake.
Solitaire Red Rose Bridal Shower Mini Cake
These mini cakes can be given as gifts at weddings like we do in Malaysia, a tray decorated with these mini cakes make a great gift from either the bride to her gorrm or the groom to his bride.
For the Mini Cakes:-
250 gm of Butter
250 gm fine / castor sugar
250 gm self raising flour
1/2 level teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or choice flavoring
4 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons Chocolate Emulco.
1/4 cup of milk ( or as required )
Muffin baking tin
Other accessories needed:disposable icing bags, nozzles
1. Preheat oven to 190 C .
2. Cream Butter and sugar until light and fluffy on medium speed, scrape the sides of the bowl from time to time, next, add in eggs and the egg yolks 1 at a time.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together, leave aside till required.
4. After addition of eggs, add in the sifted flour, alternating with the milk on low speed till well mixed (you may need to add more milk to get a soft dropping consistency mixture). Add in Vanilla essence and the chocolate emulco ( for chocolate cakes)
5. In a 12 compartment non-stick muffin tin pour in the prepared cake mixture, remember not more than 2/3 rd full, to get evenly baked cupcakes. Place into the preheated oven on the middle rack and bake for about 15-18 minutes or when a tooth pick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
6. Remove the cupcakes onto a rack to cool.
This recipe makes about 12 standard sized cupcakes.
Decoration for cakes.
Ready to roll white Fondant (I used Wilton Brand)
Colors Rose Red / Kelly Green (Wilton)
Royal Icing (3 tablespoons of Meringue Powder ,4 Cups of Sifted Confectioner's Sugar( icing sugar) ,6 Tablespoons of water
Beat all ingredients at low speed for 7-10 minutes (10-12) at high speed for portable mixer, until icing forms peaks )
Disposable piping bags
Petal -104 nozzle, leaf - 352 nozzle
Apricot jam for brushing on the cake.
Small round cake board (D.I.Y- cut out a 2 1/2 inch diameter piece of cardboard, cover it with foil and then turn it over and cover the other side with a white paper cake dolly, securing it with small dabs of royal icing. Leave to dry.
To assemble / decorate the cake.
1. Beat the Apricot jam with a fork to blend it evenly.
2. Take ready to roll white Fondant(Wilton Brand), the size of a golf ball,then flatten the ball of Fondant a little and roll it out on a plastic sheet dusted lightly with icing sugar into a round. Cover it with another plastic sheet, while you prepare the cake that needs to be covered.
3. Brush the cake top and sides with Apricot Jam( this is to ensure the cake stays moist) then place the cake onto the work top surface and taking the rolled fondant carefully onto the rolling pin, place it over the cake top and work quickly to cover the cake top and sides. Using the palm of your hand to hold the sides of the cake while pressing the fondant neatly over the sides with your fingers. Use the fondant smoother to smoothen the top of the cake, bring the fondant downwards and press firmly to make it stick to the cake securely and evenly. Using a sharp knife, trim off any extra fondant, smoothen the edges to ensure that the fondant does not shrink from the base of the cake. Neatly and firmly press the Fondant around the base, then place the Fondant covered cake onto the prepared cake board with the dolly. Leave the fondant to set for a while before continuing to decorate the cake top and side.
4. Making the Wilton Rose-Meanwhile , color some Royal Icing( stiff consistency) a shade of Rose Red, place it into a disposable piping bags fitted with a coupler and petal nozzle.Using a stiff consistency royal icing, mold a teardrop shaped cone to be used as the base for piping the Rose.Holding the flower nail in one hand,place a small cut piece of greaseproof paper securing it in place with a dab of icing, then place the rose centers (cone shapes)onto it and let harden a little. Make the center bud, using tip 104. Hold nail containing base in your left hand and bag with rose tip 104 in right hand.
Bag should be at a 45° angle to the flat surface of the nail and in the 4:30 (7:30) position. The wide end of the tip should touch the cone of the icing base at or slightly below the midpoint, and the narrow end of the tip should point up and angle slightly inward.
5. Now you must do 3 things at the same time: squeeze the bag, move the tip and rotate the nail. As you squeeze the bag, move the tip up from the base, forming a ribbon of icing. Slowly turn the nail counterclockwise to bring the ribbon of icing around to overlap at the top of the mound, then back down to starting point.Move your tip straight up and down only; do not loop it around the base.
Now you have a finished center bud.Make the top row of 3 petals. Touch the wide end of tip to the midpoint of bud base, narrow end straight up. As you turn the nail the up and down motion of the tip will make a half circle-shaped upright petal. Wide end of tip must touch the rose base so that petal will attach.
Move tip up and down to the midpoint of mound, forming the first petal.
Start again, slightly behind end of first petal, and squeeze out second petal. Repeat for the third petal, ending by overlapping the starting point of the first petal. Rotate the nail 1/3 turn for each petal.
Make the middle row of 5 petals. Touch the wide end of tip slightly below center of a petal in the top row. Angle the narrow end of tip out slightly more than you did for the top row of petals.
Squeeze bag and turn nail moving tip up, then down, to form first petal.Repeat for a total of 5 petals, rotating the nail 1/5 turn for each petal.Ending last petal by overlapping the first´s starting point.
For a full bloom rose,another set of 7 petals are needed to be piped at the bottom row of the 5 petals. Touch the wide end of tip below the center of a middle row petal, again angling the narrow end of tip out a little more.
Squeeze bag and turn nail to end of fingers, moving tip up, then down to form first petal.Repeat for a total of 7 petals, rotating the nail 1/7 turn for each petal.
Viola you have a Full Bloomed Rose, carefully leave it to dry- This can be done a day ahead.
Now for the final touches, dot some white royal icing in the centre of the mini white fondant covered cake, very carefully peel off the greaseproof paper square from the bottom of the ready made Rose and place it onto the center of the mini cake, secure it gently, then add in green leaves with Tip # 352.
Finally , using the same Wilton method of piping the Rose - pipe rosebuds either in white or rose red color on the sides of the mini cake and top up with green calyx. At the base of the cake where it is ' sitting securely' on the base, pipe small dots with royal icing, this is to ensure the cake is more secured and also to give a neat appearance to the mini cake on the whole , leave to dry.
You now have the SOLITAIRE RED ROSE BRIDAL SHOWER MINI CAKE.
you made a wedding cake that you
would like to share? If so, we would love to feature your cake on our site! You can Submit Your Cake Here
If you have made a birthday cake that you would like to share,
please head on over to our sister site that features literally hundreds
of different birthday cakes and submit it there! Submit your Birthday Cakes to Easy-Birthday-Cakes.com
Enjoy This Site?
Then why not use the button below, to add us to your favorite